What is Appropriate Body?
Appropriate body (AB) is completely separate from the Early Career Framework (ECF), it is a quality assurance role within the induction process of the Early Career Teacher (ECT). The ECF is a 2-year professional development programme, fully funded by the DfE. Early Career Teachers need to be signed up for ECF and AB.
Why choose us?
We are an experienced Appropriate Body, supporting over 100 Early Career Teachers annually. Our AB team has extensive leadership, mentoring and CPD experience across a range of schools and phases. We have a clear understanding of the needs of ECTs, mentors, and induction tutors, and have been involved in the development and delivery of the ECF.
To reduce the pressures faced by mentors and induction tutors, we have invested in an online portal to manage the paperwork and progress of ECTs.
Can we provide the Early Career Framework and Appropriate Body services?
Yes, in most circumstances, we can supply both services. We can supply your ECF services along with a separate Appropriate Body. If you are with another ECF provider, you can still contract us to supply Appropriate Body services.
ECTs for Appropriate Body
Register your Early Career Teacher for Appropriate Body services with Three Rivers Teaching School Hub.Register now
If you have signed up for Appropriate Body for the Full Induction Programme, we can provide our AB services for £225 per ECT year.
If you have signed up to another ECF provider, we can provide our AB services for £225 per year.
What does our standard Appropriate Body offer include?
- 2 year induction support in line with March 2021 statutory DfE AB Guidance
- Streamlined, manageable online processes from registration of ECTs and pre-induction checks through to submission of reviews and reports
- Registration of your ECT via The Teacher Regulation Agency
- Fair and regular assessments of ECT’s through the monitoring of progress reviews (term 1,2,4 and 5) and formal assessment points at the end of term 3 and 6
- Moderation of assessment reports
- Additional support for ECTs not meeting Teacher/Induction Standards
- Induction training for headteacher (or induction tutor), mentor and ECT
- Centralised point of contact for all schools and ECTs and dedicated helpline for support throughout the year
- Induction handbook provided to support the school and mentors
- Quality assurance visits to schools
- Half termly ECT newsletters
- Additional support as requested by schools
- Evaluation and feedback to inform AB service provision
We also offer a Core Induction and School Based Induction package for any school interested in developing their own Framework. The DfE is keen for all schools to follow a full induction programme. If you wish to follow your own Early Career Framework programme, additional fidelity checks will be required.
Our Appropriate Body Offer
Full Induction Programme
£225 per year with Ambition and £225 per year with another Early Career Framework provider.
- Our standard offer
- No fidelity checks of the Early Career Framework programme required
Core Induction Programme
Fidelity check (will need to take place 3 times per year) 3 half day checks at an SLE rate.
School costs £525 per year. Plus £225 per year per each Early Career Teacher.
- Fidelity check before the start of the induction period by the Appropriate Body. To include the materials and sessions are in line with the statutory guidance for induction and meet the Early Career Framework induction programme standards.
Plus our standard offer.
School based Induction Programme
Fidelity check (will need to take place 3 times per year) 3 full day checks at an SLE rate.
School costs £1050 per year. Plus £225 per year per each Early Career Teacher.
- Appropriate Body to register ECTs on the TRA system
- Fidelity check before the start of the induction period by the AB. Checks to ensure:
- ECTs receive a programme of support and training based on the ECF induction programme, the induction’s design covers the evidence-based statements in the ECF
- ECTs have received planned elements of the induction
- Checks to ensure the materials and sessions are in line with the statutory guidance for induction and meet the ECF standards
- Satisfaction surveys completed at term 3 and 6
- Additional observation(s)/quality assurance of ECF school-designed programmes throughout the two years
- Schools to provide detailed breakdown of the programme for years 1 and 2 showing how the ECF statements are sequenced for the induction period
Plus our standard offer.
ABs will be expected to check in a greater level of detail where schools have opted to design their own school based programme due to the greater risk that a school based induction could diverge from the ECF when DfE accredited materials are not used as the basis for an induction programme. ‘DfE April 2021’.
Register your interest
Fill in the form below to register your interest in our Appropriate Body offer and we will get back in touch with further information.